sunday worship reservations
Due to COVID-19 concerns, advance reservations are required for all in-person worship services, communion services, and group activities. Check out our COVID Response link below to learn more. Limited seating is available per service. Click on the blue buttons to secure your reservation for this weekend's worship service!
We offer brief 10-minute afternoon/evening communion services on the first Sunday of the month on the north lawn. (If you sign up for the 9:00 or 10:00 morning services, you will receive communion at that time.) All social distancing protocols will be practiced, and masks will be required until all are seated.
We need your help as we plan for ministry funding in 2021. As is our custom, we invite those who call VUMC home to prayerfully consider their estimate of giving for next year and make that commitment now to aid us in planning our 2021 budget. Click on the link to the left for a secure, online pledge card you can easily submit. Additional information regarding our Stewardship process can be found here as well during the month of October.
a word from our pastor
Welcome to the web presence of Village United Methodist Church! Located in the heart of beautiful Hot Springs Village, we are one block off DeSoto Blvd four miles in from the West Gate. Easy access from anywhere in the village.
Our mission is to make disciples of Jesus Christ for the transformation of the world. We have a clear vision for ministry that is summarized in three words: CONNECT, GROW, and SHARE.
Our vision is to connect people to God and to one another. Through worship and fellowship, we seek to grow spiritually in Christ. And in our work of Nurture, Outreach, and Witness, we share Christ as we serve as His hands and feet in our community and beyond.
These are unprecedented times for our world, our families, and our churches. We are experiencing great uncertainties, unrest, injustice, and pain. I invite you to join me in praying for healing to:
- heal the hurt caused by this pandemic
- heal the pain caused by racism and social injustice
- heal the deep divides found within our world
- offer ourselves as agents of God's peace and grace
We are here for YOU! This is your place to call home!
Ready to learn more? Explore our website, give us a call, send us an email, or find us on Facebook. Once you explore all that VUMC has to offer, we believe that you will respond as many before you have responded: “This is the family I’ve been looking for!”
Serving alongside you,
news you can use
1. VUMC is again collecting socks and trinkets for Jessieville and Fountain Lake schools. As a reminder, the trinkets are used by the teachers in Kindergarten through 2nd grade as incentive or reward gifts for students who exhibit outstanding achievement and/or behavior, etc. Trinkets are put in the “treasure boxes” of teachers so they can offer them to well behaved students and those with excellent academic work. Examples are matchbox cars and trucks, plastic soldiers, tiny journals, furry keychains, yo-yos, party favors, etc. The socks and trinkets will be collected at an Outreach Team “Drive Thru” on December 14. If you would like to donate the socks and trinkets earlier, place them in the wooden blue box at the front door of the church. Thank you for brightening a child’s life by being the hands of Christ.
2. Join us Tuesdays at 10:00 a.m. by using the following link for our weekly Prayer Gathering: https://zoom.us/j/94858168493?
3. Join Pastor Chris each Wednesday for a midweek Advent Service. You can access it at 4:00 p.m. or any other time that is convenient for your schedule. You do not need a Facebook account. Simply go to https://www.facebook.com/hsvumc/
4. The Explorers' Sunday School class is hosting a weekly Zoom class on Sunday afternoons at 4:00. To join, click here: https://zoom.us/j/93322407902?
Id.: 933 2240 7902 and the Pass code: VUMC.
5. Join our pastor and church family in praying for our school administrators, teacher, faculty and staff every morning at 8:00 a.m. Pray specifically for God's blessing, grace, and God's hedge of protection for teachers and students alike.
6. We are continuing to collect food items in an effort to help those households in our community who are suffering from hunger insecurity. Those donations are sorted and delivered on a regular basis to help families in the Mountain Pine area. Pastor Chris gladly accepts any food contributions during "Prayer and Conversation" on the first and third Monday of each month. Or you are welcome to drop off items during other times to the Feed My Sheep box, which is at the entrance to the Narthex. Thank you for your help in continuing to support these families in need.